Less is More! Becoming A Minimalist.

I am so inspired to become a minimalist.

It came to me, when I was watching this video (as link below) about a Japanese hardcore minimalist. He only owns 3 shirts, 4 pants and 4 pairs of socks. He owns 150 belongings in total and doesn't want more. And his house is sooooo cleannnnnn and tidy. Wow!! *goo goo eyes*.


I was seriously inspired. So, I did some more googling/ researching. Most of which shows what to stop buying, which I totally agree.





The more I read, the more I feel a total connection. 60% of which I have adapted.

Stop buying:
1) specific toiletries such as face wash, lotion, cream, soap. I don't. I hardly wear anything on my face. My face wash is over a year old. Probably longer. Lotion and cream too. We only buy body wash, shampoo and toothpaste. That's about it. So, there should only be 3-4 items in the bathroom right? Okay, I need to make a list.

2) Clothes that we don't need. I have plenty of clothes already. And to my surprise, every time I fold my clothes I noticed, I've been wearing the same 3 old t-shirts again and again. It's in the cycle. I didn't even got the chance to wear others. All I actually wear are:

At home: 3 t-shirts,4 pants.
To work: 4 shirts, 2 pants, 1 pair of baju kurung (batik).
Weekend/ Outings: 3-5 shirts/blouses, 2 jeans, 2 skirts.
Weddings/ Raya: So seldom... Baju Kurung.
I haven't bought any baju raya for 3 years. Should I be ashamed or proud? But this year we were forced to buy 3 pairs each for Hijaz's and Imaya's wedding. That'll save another 5 years to come.
Total 4-5 tudungs repeatedly.

3) Shoes and handbags. I used to be obsessed over shoes and I was a loyal customer of Zalora. After some time, I realized I hardly wear them. I always end up with the same shoes every day. The Croc that my husband bought for me for all purpose use. 1 heels for the office, 1 wedges which I haven't wear yet, 1 sport shoes and 1 sneakers. Handbags, well I rarely buy bags, but when I do, I tend to be loyal to it until it tore. My husband bought me a Kipling bag and I love it. It's multi functional.

I stopped buying all the above for almost 2 years now. We only buy to replace the ones that broke, tore and too old.

In order to reduce more of my stuff, maybe I should donate more.

The Japanese guy explained that, it's not as though you feel satisfied after collecting a certain amount of stuff. Instead you keep thinking about what you're missing. Now, he feels content with what he has.

I'm wondering how can I be as hardcore as he.

Actually this the rule I've mentioned before. A.D.O.R.E and L.A.S.T. I own the February- May Home Challenge. Once I've successfully completed the challenge, I guess, I could be called the Amateur Minimalist. I can't promise too much as 150 belongings because I have kids and they tend to take all the space.

"LESS is MORE!"

Comments

Popular Posts