Look East Menu!

It's time to look to the East, just like Tun Mahathir had taught us. I adore Tun M as much as I adore the Japanese and Korean.

Waving the Japanese flag. Home made sushi. I thought it was difficult to make because I searched high and wide for the rice vinegar, so we had to improvised. Demonstrated by a colleague, Kak Mawar. It turned out to be easy peasy to make and prepare. 


South Korea. I'm too obsessed with Korean Drama that I had to eat Korean food *stick out tongue*. Kimbap, similar to sushi. The difference is the rice. Sushi rice is seasoned with vinegar, while kimbap rice is cut/ seasoned with sesame oil. Demonstrated by another colleague, Anim.


The filling is optional. You add whatever filling you want. Sushi nor Kimbap is the family's favorite, except mine. But when I learnt how to make sushi, they tried it for the first time, and liked it.


Leftovers turned into rice ball. So now, SUMO rice is always in stock at my house.





Comments

Popular Posts