Miss Calling Sick!

After such a gloomy week, came the sickness.

Monday: My boss's bypass surgery. She was sent to the operation room. We prayed for her speedy recovery. The office operates as usual. 

At night, it was suppose to be Movie Night, as usual I had to watch Spiderman (totally not my choice). That's the gazillionth time. I was craving for Naruto.

Tuesday: I woke up with red eyes. Darn! But I went to the office anyways. And was forced to go to the clinic immediately when my colleagues saw me. Darn! It's confirmed that I got an eye infection and was forced to go home by the doctor. Darn! Oh, yeah, I was fasting since the night before. So I took a blood test to do a check-up. I go for blood test every year. My last check-up was in January 2012, so I'm a bit late this month. I got my fingers cross. And every year I prayed that I'm healthy and free from diabetes (it's in the background) and cholesterol. However, I predicted it's gonna be high because last week, I ate too many sweet stuff, 100 plus, every day because of the sore throat, oily food: I ate nasi arab (two days in a row), KFC (two days in a row) and nasi beriani the day before (Monday).

I got two days of medical leave. My husband sent me home during lunch. I put on the eye drop and slept until 5pm.

At night, it was game night. I played Sudoku and Birzzle, again on my own. The kids were too busy watching Upin Ipin and Ultraman.

Wednesday: It was so refreshing to stay at home when the boys left for their routine (work and school). I wish I am a full time housewife. I came to know Suzy was also on medical leave. I did laundry, clean the house a bit, and read the HAPPY book while listening to Sweetbox soothing but energetic music. When I finished, I labelled it and made a few notes in it.

Hanging out in soxy, listening to relaxing music and moving feet with the beat...

At 5pm, I went to Suzy's. We chatted until it was time the boys reached home. Ikram came home with a fever.

At night, it was Ladies Night. I got a back massage from husband. So relaxing. And I scrubbed my legs and feet with fresh aloe vera from the hanging garden.

Thursday: I was back in the office when I heard the news. The restructuring. I promised I'm not updating anything about my workplace, so, I'm not elaborating on it (the restructuring). And yeah, I heard, the results of the blood test was back. The clinic told me to fast after my lunch and come back after two hours. Oh no! This is totally bad news symptom. 

The results I have posted in Miss Borderline.

At night, bacaan Yassin. I should change the routine schedule soon. We should go to the mosque as a weekly routine. As in my post Miss Happy Ever After.

Friday: We went to visit my boss at Institut Jantung Negara during our 2 hours break. We stayed there the 2 hours and got a quick bite. Just a tuna sandwich. According to my diet. But I did went overboard with the Ice Blended Mint Choc. *sigh* It's gonna take time to control ice blended and chocolate.

At night, it was reading time. I read about cholesterol. And did some light exercise. REARRANGING the furniture! Haha..Actually there's not much I could I do. I could only move the sofa from either a capital "L" or the small "l".

Calling sick and everything is on the sofa even the dumbell.

Saturday: I discussed with my husband to play tennis together on Saturdays. So we had a tennis match together with Am, Mizi and Safee. It was fun and I did sweat a lot. I feel so energized. Let's have a match every week then. Unfortunately we had to lock the kids in the next court where they played freely.


Sunday: I promised not to eat anything oily right. But last night my husband came home from Danau Kota saying, he wants to eat nasi lemak, "Can you cook nasi lemak tomorrow?" Do you know how seldom he ask me to cook. He seldom even eats rice. So, how could I say "no" to that? Before sunrise, I cooked the nasi lemak he craved for and did ate 2 spoons of it. So, that's breakfast and lunch...and dinner perhaps.

At 4 pm, I had a mini reunite with Helmi and Suzy. Irfan and Qaseh reunited too. Gathering of friends.





Then, we had to go running like "bibiks" again.


Til we meet again...

Comments

Popular Posts