Ikram's Preschool Graduation

Convocation. Graduation. It's a big deal nowadays. Even for kindergartners. It's a celebration for a child's early milestone. They feel proud (so do the parents) and excited to be moving on to the first grade next year. Ikram can't wait to start first grade in Irfan's school.

Some people may say it's not a big deal and parents are making a big fuss for every little things our children do. For merely aging out of kindergarten. Of course we don't have to, but if we can, why not? As for me, I love celebrating my kids. We don't have graduation for elementary and primary school yet. So, they won't be having a graduation for another 14 - 16 years maybe *shrug*.



My understanding of:

1. Celebrating = Appreciation

To me, it is BIG deal. Although I tend not to brag about it much in FB/ IG, Tweeter and whatever social network available. Otherwise it'll be the reason of the anti-mollycoddling and annoyed groups to mock you.

2. Photos = Memories


Thank you, Ikram's teachers, for 2 years of teaching, educating and looking after my son.


It's not like it's every day we celebrate and appreciate our kids. Most of their time are clockwork routine. Shuttled to and from school. Two schools for my kids. Morning and afternoon. Daycare. Plopped in front of the TV and previously with other gadgets too (iPads/ smartphones/ playstation) but as of this year, we forbid the gadget staring activity. And probably 95% of their artwork goes in the trash. *tears of regret*

I will try to be a more supportive and grateful mom.
I love you kids so much and you grow up so so fast.

Comments

Popular Posts