Mister Reading this School Holiday!

Remember how I promised to get Irfan read before next year? And the schedule I made for him? Well, here's the outcome:

1) I made my own flash card since I gave up finding for it at the book store. Not just any flash card. A "Syllable" (Suku Kata) Flash card. I went looking for it at book stores high and low. Until I finally thought, I'm gonna waste the school holiday by just looking for it.

2) I bring it in my bag every where I go, just in case, there's a few seconds of free time to ask Irfan. Even in the car. I am so paranoid that he can't read next year!!

MA - BA- KA- RA- PA, HI- LI- GI, GO- LO- HO- MO, RU- FU- MU- TU, etc..etc..

3) Fortunately, Alhamdulillah, he can read the flash card, already. But he is still having difficulties reading from a book. I got 5 more days to teach him before he starts school.

4) I've bought him several books. Writing exercises, reading, maths, time and activity book.

5) And what I'm about to tell is the most unbelievable decision I have made. I still can't believe how I got myself involved in buying one of those Grolier books. I managed to avoid the "Magic English CDs" and "I wonder why? Books" for so long since Hilda have bought them and we shared. But I bought the Talking English series, Fun Thinkers and Logico!!! I still can't believe I would spend such amount for books. *eyes rolling*

At least Irfan loved them and kept reading them and doing all the activities. Or else I'll !*&@($^@$^(@. No kidding, I'll regret for the rest of my life. I hate myself just by thinking of it.

A nerve wrecking investment!
 

Comments

Popular Posts