Abu's Family Matters!

I have once mentioned I love cats right? Well, I still love them! So does my kids. But I haven't had one after I gave birth to my eldest son. I was so worried the baby would get asthma or some other health problems that I gave the cats to my cousin.

Out of the blue (a few months back), a gray cat kept coming to my mother's house especially when everyone was coming home from work. We'll say hello to him. One routine led to another. Suddenly, we started calling him Abu. He wasn't a stray cat because he had a collar on him. So we did not intend to keep him as a pet. Maybe he was just lost. We kept cat food in stock to feed him.

A few months passed. Routine unchanged that we hadn't notice any change in Abu.






A few weeks ago, we were shocked when there were new born kittens in my mother's huge un'used' flower pot. Oh my goodness! Abu was not a MALE??!!!

Automatically everyone got excited because of the cute kittens. "Abu-Yah! You're a mother! Congratulations!"

Say what?! I was like "Nobody even cared to check the cat's gender until it gave birth?"

The kids were hyper giving out names to the kittens. There were 3 white ones and a unique gray kitty.

Lana, "The white ones are Elsa, Anna and Olaf. The gray is Sven." I assumed it has to be some kind of "Frozen" theme.

Cute Little Kitties!
Irfan announced while pointing, "Tom, Gumball, Oggy and Jack." I thought, okay, this little man have got no theme at all. All they have in common are they are all cats cartoon characters.

Again, people kept giving names without checking it's gender. I just shrugged. It was fun anyway.

And guess what's even funnier? My ignorant little brother. Last week Abu-Yah had lung infection so my brother took her to the vet. When they got back from the clinic, he asked me to give Abu-Yah it's medicine, since I was the only one who knew to nurse cats. As I took out the medicine from the bag, I read "ABU" on the prescription! I screamed and laughed at him (my bro). It took him a few minutes before he realized his mistake and said, "Ohhh, no wonder the vet looked at him with a weird expression. It was because of the name."

I guess the name "Abu" got stuck real hard, even though we've tried so hard to change it to Abu-Yah.

Comments

  1. Remembering Simba and Nasty... Simba??!!! What's with the name??

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts