Miss Oldie!

I can't stop thinking that I'm just a teenager. That's a bit overreacting. Why are there so many grey hair on my head? I've just turned 20 ;P

My late father wanted us to learn everything. When he was a kid, he always wanted to learn to play the piano, but nobody was there to teach him. And some extra activities or classes are highly charged. He missed a lot of opportunity in his childhood. He always reminded us to learn without boundaries.

Well, how I see it today, I have so much to learn and time has seem to drive by so fast. Other than education, I haven't learn any extra skills. I didn't even get to buy a roller-blade (which was my favorite extreme game since I was a baby). I did get a chance to learn with my cousin but that was just playing around. And we had to take turns to use it. I didn't even get a chance to do some extreme skills. 

I didn't even get to ride a scooter or own my own bike (which my dream choice of transport in UiTM). My mother forbid both. Instead, we got Perodua Kelisa (which was better but I only got to drive at my final semester). Come to think of it now, I was quite a hipster earlier. I use to wear these baggy pants that have lots of pockets. And I am always in my sneakers.

I have gone to a 3-years piano classes but it didn't last. Not because I was bad at it, but because we had to travel a lot and I kept changing schools. That's why I forbid my mother to sell our piano. At least we owe a piano and play "amateur"ly like Mary Had A Little Lamb, Do-A Deer, and some other music. Speaking of the piano, I really miss it. My mother requested "Beauty and the Beast" piece. I explained to her numerous times that song was at a high graduated level. We didn't even graduate first grade. I use to dream to play the violin too but I'm far behind.

I was in Taekwando class but I didn't attend to most of the classes because I had to do prep for SPM. Now, I have no self-defense skills. But don't think I can't fight if I'm force to. I can do a lot of throwing stuff and doing kung-fu moves with the mop stick though.

There are so many other things I wanted to do as a teenager but it was either dangerous (forbidden by my mother, again) or expensive.

Now, I practically have no other talents. If I'm gonna learn all of the above at this age, I'm afraid I'm gonna break my back. So, I am so grateful for the education my parents gave me and the job that I have. I'll pass this story over to my sons so that they could learn what their hopeless mother have loss.

Comments

Popular Posts