Miss Devastated!

I can't sit still. The moment I entered the house after long hours at the office, I cleaned and polished the kitchen sink. It was all yucky. I have been Miss Lazy the past week, so it served me right. I know this was gonna happen the moment I realized I was lazy. The only chores I did that week was LAUNDRY. Because the weather was so perfect for LAUNDRY Day!

We had hot towels and clothes. I even brushed the kid's shoes and it took only minutes to dry. The balcony was like a dryer. The best part is laying down on hot bedsheets. I love the feeling. So relaxing. It's like laying down on a flower field under the sun. That's just a fantasy. Coming back to reality, that can't really happen here in KL. You'll get burnt. Then you'll wish it's winter and that can't happen either. *sigh*

Well, Miss Lazy has gone so I'm back and can't sit still. I've cleaned the kitchen but not every inch yet. All sort of chores I've been doing will end up messy again. Why? Isn't it obvious. I live with 3 men. The only one doing the cleaning, yup, the ONLY lady. The ones doing the mess? They'll win the game most of the time. I am not in the position to nag yet.

I usually shrug the annoying stuff and gave them the silent treatment or the IGNORANT face. "What? Who? When? What happen? Ikram spill the drink again?" Without moving an inch, "Okay. Whatever. Just leave it like that. Let's just live like this."

Yup, teaching them a lesson. I always say this to my kids, "Yeah, I'm not gonna clean it up. Just let the sweet drinks and food on the floor. The ants and cockroaches will be here soon. They'll eat the spills and they'll come after YOU! They'll bite you in your sleep. They'll get in your ears, eyes, and eat the food in your little mouths" They'll usually scream and regret for their actions. They'll wipe the spills in a wink. But I'm afraid that kind of threat won't last long. Even though there are some logic in that threat, but I don't think it will work when they grow up.

After a few hours of ignorance, they finally gave in and decided to clean the place. Although their definition of cleaning is putting away toys, putting all kitchenware in the sink, getting everything off the floor and onto someplace they feel right. While my definition of cleaning is putting everything in it's original place. Toys in toy box not in the pail or the laundry basket. Books on the bookshelves not on the dining table. Cleaning means mopping, dusting, wiping, sweeping/ vacuuming, washing, throwing away trash, decluttering, etc..etc which is already 70% more to what they did. That does not include other household chores.

I am far away from complaining. But it's the reality and I have been trained by them to live like this *shrug*. So it has always been the "whatever shrugging" game. If not, I'm gonna go nuts. But I will be crazy if someone finally decided to come to our house 5 minutes before they reach here. With that nick of time, I can only stash everything in the bedroom. The only place that need to be clean for 5 seconds is the living and dining area. Oh, and the bathroom. Don't get me started on the bathroom. Oh, no! I'm nagging in my heart!!

Okay, no nagging. Anyway, I did the chores, like it or not.

That's where the compromise comes in. My husband got his night out with his pals on Friday and some weekends. So I had mine too. But none scheduled weekly. Just once in a blue moon.

It's already midnite and I still can't even sleep. It's gonna be a long day again tomorrow.

*Disclaimer: None of the above is a marriage argument. It was between me and myself. I'm just putting it into words. This is what it says in my brain.

Comments

Popular Posts