Back for some Daging Pacak!

April Craving!

The famous daging pacak. Usually my grandma will only make these in Ramadhan or Raya but this time it was specially requested.

April 25th, I went back to my hometown because I was craving for my grandma's daging pacak. I asked in our family group, if anyone was free to go back to Kuala Lipis. My Aunt Ella (mak anjang) replied she was free. But my husband suddenly had to work. Grrr! I don't care, I've been postponing to go back for weeks. So I said I'll take the boys with me and drive. No biggie. My mom and my husband forbids me to drive. However they allowed me to go by carpooling with my Aunt. Hooray!

We went to the small fish market to buy Patin & Talapia, (favourite fish every time we're there) to cook for lunch and dinner.

Pahanese fishing for fishes.


Had lunch with Great Grandpa! Fried Talapia and gulai lemak ikan masin. He didn't want to eat at first because it was not his favourite dish but we forced him. "Just eat it or just be hungry". He chose to eat and that became his favourite dish.

The same menu for dinner. Finger licking good and wanted more.

Their activity that night, no internet, no gadget, no TV but they played carom.

Some of my favourite moments at my hometown; it was so freezing cold like there's snow outside. It was actually just the cold from the deep forest. The fogs were thick here. If you're driving at night or early morning, you can't even see the roads.
I've informed in the group that I'll be home that weekend and asked my mak ngah to buy the 3 kilos of buffalo meat. They only sell early in the morning (early was before sunrise) and I don't think I could make it to the market on time. Anyway, my mak ngah was so popular there, she could even book the meat via call.

April 26th, we went to the market. Grandpa wants to meet his friends and get a haircut. So we brought him there. I love to go to Pekan Sari Benta and I love the food.

Tapai, my favourite. I bought some and my grandma scolded me.

Nenek: You're not suppose to eat Tapai when you're pregnant.
Me: Just a little bit?
Nenek: Up to you but don't be sorry if anything happens.
Me: A bite then?
Nenek: *rolls her eyes at me*

Afterwards, we went to Mak Ngah's house to pick up the meat. I can't wait to eat! My uncle and family joined us.

Followed grandma's instructions and prepare the ingredients.


Voila! Well done.

Ate like piranhas.

Favourite: Kampung Dish!
A relief. Got what I wanted. Thank you all!

Comments

Popular Posts