First Day of First Grade (Elementary School)!

okay, fine, i admit, i haven't wrote last week. i owe 7 entries. it's hard to ignore that some letters that should be caps but did not. That's because i'm writing from my iPad. And I'm still adjusting my fingers and different buttons functionalitites *sigh*. I hate it but i'm doing it for the sake of my writing. Everyone have difficulties adjusting to something new. And my son have just experience something new in his life too. He has learnt to adjust the environment, teachers, friends, learning process, spending as well as logistics.

I am adjusting accepting him being in Elementary School and the fact that he is and will be more indenpendent. Still in denial that he's letting go of my hand as time flies by *sobs*.

Last week was the first week of a new school year. Irfan's new experience in Elementary School as a first grader. The same goes to all the other first graders. The same experience goes for Ikram in kindergarten but that I'll eloborate more in a separate entry. I accompany Irfan while my husband accompany Ikram.

The first day of his first grade, of course i had to take leave. as a matter of fact, I took 3 days to observe him. i was crying from inside that he is all grown up and independent. He didn't even cry and seldom look for me. School starts at 7.30am. We arrived at the school at 7.00am. 

It was still dark. Oh man, I used to leave home at 7.30am but now i need to be at Irfan's school before 7.30am. *yawn* *extra yawn*. So, we just have to sleep extra early. That's something new to adapt too. But the kids did great. 

9.00pm: kids sleep.
10.00pm: parent sleep.
5.30am: Wake up call and getting ready.
6.20am: Leave home.
7.00am: Arrived school.

Queue to his class.

In class. It's a transition month for the First Grader. I don't expect much because he is still trying to adapt to the school environment. But anyways, I am still obsess about getting him the best education and learning experience. I told him, "it's okay if you're not a genius but you need to try and must not give up. Just like we read in the book, "Try it once. Try it twice. Try it several more times. Maybe you can do it this time."

A short but strict briefing by the discipline teacher. He warned not to come late. You'll be surprise what time we arrived the second day.

9.40am: Buying and eating on his own during reccess. My big boy!

Waiting for the Van. This is the most challenging part. Getting the kids to the van.

Comments

Popular Posts