Decluttering Project on a Labor Day

Why do I have to do "decluttering" on a labor day? I' suppose to just chill and relax. But I already did the relaxing in Kuantan. So, this is the only day I had to declutter. I switched on Bond "Explosive" with full blast that sets the mood, alright. *winks* I had to close my eyes and heart to throw almost 40% of the things we haven't used for the past year. That took up 2 garbage bag. No holding back. I'm not a collector anyway.


The Mission

That reminds me, during my weekend in Kuantan, we had this conversation (my mom-in-law (MIL), my husband, my sis-in-law (SIL) and me). About reusable things and decluttering.

MIL: Used and keep everything, just in case for emergencies, she said.

Husband: He'll keep them too.

SIL: She'll throw them away.

Me: I'll definitely throw away.

So, there were 2 VS 2 in this conversation.

After we've claimed our stand in this particular issue, my husband broke my secret. He said that I would throw everything away so that the house looks empty. He also added (which was true), that I would also throw away the doors. My MIL and SIL was mind- strucked. We laughed about it. LOL!



These are just 20% of what's left.

Stack of my recent books. It doesn't include the books in the cabinets, my bedside books, magazines and my textbooks.

What should I do with these? IT stuff. Knowing myself, I would have just stash everything away. But my husband have reminded me several times, to keep it. I don't understand for what reason should I keep it. Anyway, I'll obey.

I didn't have time to take pictures of the collections of shoes, bags, hats, sweaters, watches etc, etc..

Do you know, everybody loves entering into a show house or IKEA, with the feeling "Wow! It's clean, tidy and organized." Well, it is that way because there's almost nothing in it. Nothing meaning, no uncountable clothes, etc etc and no one's living in it. Just plain basic furniture. But once people and kids start filling in, Ta-Ta tidiness. Unless you could really manage well. Or if you have a maid in your home. I don't know about others but I really hope I'll manage.

Comments

Popular Posts