The Audit Attack and the Stress Test.

Wow! We had to work on a public holiday, Saturday and the night shift. So this is what it feels like being really stressed out? I fell ill immediately the next day but I dragged myself to the office anyway. What I feel doesn't matter but whom I'm about to face is much more terrifying.

So we did what we had to do. I had to do something. I am never gonna answer "I don't know. Or I just to over the job. Or this is all the past, I have no idea." So I had to start somewhere. First, I went through all the assets file, including the ones we bought in 2004. I just joined the organization that year *whining like a baby* No fair. I should have answered. "How in the world should I know." But how could I betray my boss like that, right. I might as well resigned.

Later I asked one of my colleagues to help put everything I have (the hard copies) converted to a soft copy. Which logically makes it easier. I can't even dispose anything without proper documents and infos. And people are tracking me down to replace broken chairs, bla..bla..bla.. I can't believe this.

Okay..okay..hard feelings aside.

On the Saturday, some of my colleagues gave a helping hand. *actually FORCED a helping hand* We had everything keyed-in in the system and barcode printed. By 3pm, we went floor by floor to stick the sticker to it's rightful place. That was only 30%. We continued on Monday (a day before the Auditors arrive). Squatting, bending like Becham, kneeing, and all other sorts of pose made my muscle so painful the next morning and oh-uh made me late for work. Okay, I over did it.

And unfortunately May, I got medical leave to minute I stepped in the doctor's office. the locum was from Sudan, and he said. " You look terrible. Do you need leave?"

Okay, that was at 4pm. So they gave me a time-off and directed me to rest and sleep for a few hours. Well, the medicine helped and I woke feeling much better. I started sweating. But less than 5 hours after, I became like zombie again. I got medical leave.

That's how my body responded to such stress test. I was thinking to myself. Maybe I was really getting old. I'm turning ** the end of the month. So maybe that's the reason. Oh, my God. I'm gonna get old like a nanny. *NO! Snap out of this nonsense, Hidayu!! You're over reacting! Slapping myself on the face.*


Comments

Popular Posts