Intestine Infection

After I've wrote "1st Syawal", Ikram had vomitted at least 2 times. First, I thought it was nothing, maybe he was full. But after 3 times of continuous vomiting, so  I thought maybe it was something he ate at my Mom's house. I had to change his bedsheet and pyjamas 3 times. During his 4th vomit, I was smart enough to get a bucket for him to vomit in. Poor baby..

What's worse, Hilda called to tell Marzayyan was in the same situation and went to the clinic. the doctor said it was food-poisoning. What?

After 2am, I gave him glucose and he slept undisturbed..I also got my rest. I thought about getting emergency leave but his vomit stopped.

So we continue with our routine. Sent him to the Nursery. I was told he didn't vomit there. but the moment we went to pick him up in the evening. He vomitted on me. Yuck! But poor Ikram. We went straight to the clinic. The doctor reported intestine infection. I googled and found out "Intestinal Infection occurs when bacteria and germs enter the digestive tract through food and water, and also because of lack of personal hygiene."

He gave us some medicine which I immediately gave Ikram. Yeah! After a while, Ikram started playing and moving around. The doctor reminded not to feed him anything within 1/2 or an hour after medication. So we didn't.

Luckily he was back to his normal self. Except: he won't sleep in his cot. "Ok. Just this once. That's because you're sick. Tomorrow you'll have to sleep in your own bed." I know kids need super attention and pampering when he's sick.

Get well soon, Ikram.

Comments

Popular Posts