My Syawal

It's already 10th Syawal, but I have yet to post my story.

Right before Syawal, if I were to go back to my Gramp's kampung, we will 'bakar lemang'. My Nenek's lemang is the BEST EVA!

 "Irfan, why are you wearing a tie to 'bakar lemang?"

 Irfan and lil aunty waiting the lemang to cook. "How long does it take to 'bakar? We're hungry."

Irfan's looking for the chickens to cook 'rendang'. The 'reban' is there, but the chickens aren't.

Oh, yeah. As for Ikram, it was his first crawl right before Syawal. Yay! It was Marzayyan's 1st crawl too. Congrats to the both of you.

On 1st Syawal, we prepared mee hoon sup. Yum! And the event we wouldn't ever miss is FAMILY PICTURES.. but I haven't a single copy yet. Where is this cuz of mine? I have been bugging her to send me the pics since last week.

In the afternoon, after visiting families, Irfan helped nenek to bakar sampah/ rumput. I sure miss the burning smell..



 irfan and lana holding the Pelita.
Yeah, the grandkids helping swiping grass to burn.

Others, about raya is MERCUN!.I truely don't enjoy the booming sound of firecrackers especially the old tradition ones- The mercun buluh. I hate it...but what's raya without mercun right? And it caused not only my boys sleepless nights, but triggers my major head-pounding migrain.

On 2nd Syawal, as promised, I went to Ida's and Suzy's house.

We went back to Kuantan on 3rd Syawal. I had to drive half the way because hubby was so tired and sleepy. We had a few stops at R&R.


 Take a break with MILO! Ikram stretching after a long journey.
It was like in a sauna during raya. It feels refreshing to get to drink a can of ice-cold isotonic drink on a hot sweaty day..*phew*.

Arrived Kuantan at 2.00pm.
Another hot sunny day in pahang. How i wish i could juz stay in the shower for hours *how nice*
I had missed writing in my blog during raya...I made a promise to myself that I will make it up to this when i get back home. And i can't even finish my rd. Ikram is such a crybaby these days. And is always clinging on to me like a baby koala bear.



Comments

Popular Posts