Viral fever

September 27th. About 2pm. My office received a sadden news. One of the bosses have lost his youngest son at age 8. Al-Fatihah. We went to Sime Darby Medical Centre. We were ushered to the morg. His story, he had a viral infection for almost 2 days. He complaint that he was not feeling well. After his seizure (the 2nd day), he was rushed to the clinic and was given CPR. But there was nothing the doctor could do. He was referred to the hospital and confirmed TOD. It was a shock news to most of us in the office to know that the COD was just a FEVER.

I was covered with tears to watch his mom, kissing him and whispering "He was perfect. He was a good son. He was still young and haven't enjoy life, just yet." *sob sob*

And during this time around (current climatic change, inconsistent and uncertain weather, with all the jerebu, rain- it is always TOO HOT or TOO COLD) and URTI trend, we should all take extra precaution especially for the young ones. Check out:

http://epilepsy.about.com/od/basicsofepilepsy/a/seizurefacts.htm

In fact, Ikram have been taking his antibiotic since Saturday. I am waiting to give his 3am medicine as I'm writing this. And monitoring his temperature. We should always have/ standby in our home and to bring for vacations:

1. Termometer
2. Tylenol Supp/ Pridrinate Supp (ubat bontot)
3. Nebulizer (only at home)
4. Bulb suction




Irfan have had pneumonia when he was 8 months. And was admitted for 5 days for monitoring. Due to that, I have always been really defensive/ protective....oh, what's the word to describe...caution if my sons are caught with the flu and fever. Even a single cough would get me restless. I've been giving them Scott's Emulsion especially during this kind of weather.


Although, these are all, Human Efforts. Only Allah knows what's best for us.



I couldn't stop thinking of the deceased and cannot imagine if I was the one who have lost a child.

I couldn't stop giving my sons kisses when we pick them from the Nursery.

I received another call from one of our CSEs, that his sister passed away in Malacca. Al-Fatihah.

There have been a lot of death lately.*shudder*

Ok, already 3am. Time for your medicine Ikram. Sorry to wake you up at this hour.

Comments

Popular Posts