Saturday Sacrifice.

Nothing's interesting really. I had to work again on a Saturday. I really have to clear off my desk. There are too many backlogs. In addition I had extra work because I had to replace a colleague on maternity leave. The pay was not at all worth it. Anyway, I still have to do it like it or not. This is how it feels when you're away from the office for too long. Including during the time when I was on Maternity leave. Somebody else will have to do the job for you. All you need is "give and take" and a bit considerate. I've been replacing people from the day I started work *shrug* so it goes with the flow. I don't mind doing the job really but I can't manage everthing with the timeline given. Plus another colleague on a long vacation. Adds on to my burden. Everything's urgent. Everything's important. I can't even take leave. All I could do for now, is sacrifice my Saturdays and spend them in the office.

I woke at 6.00 am to mop because I know I'll be too tired to do it in the afternoon and on Sunday.

This time I brought the boys along. I had plenty to do and I don't think a day could help me finish everything.


Had roti canai for breakfast. I'm a lousy cook and mother. I can't even cook for my family on weekends.
 Ikram all set to be handy.
 Ikram's tantrum speaks for itself. "I'm not going to the office on a Saturday. We should be going somewhere fun."
 "it's okay. I'm gonna be there too." Irfan trying to comfort his lil bro.

We did had a picnic but on the office floor eating biscuits and plain water.

At 3.00pm, I went to Padang Merbok to collect the race number and goody bag for Sunday's Relay.


FYI, I did finish off the medical bills, update the dependent's list, written to Prnce Court for Executive Screening programme. That's off my shoulders at least. There's plenty more to expect next week. New MFD coming in, give training on the new office system, other movement and asset works.

You can definitely do it if you can manage well. I hope so.

Comments

Popular Posts