Terrible Tantrum!

It seems like Ikram is alway so moody. And soooo manja. He throws tantrum whenever we say 'No!' to any of his request. Eventhough he can't speak but we know what he means. For example:

1.When he picks up his shoes, it means "Please take me out."
2.If he point his finger at the kitchen or the dining table, it means "Please feed me. I'm hungry."
3.If he point his finger to his room, it means "Let's sleep"

His usual routine on weekends would be. Wake up > play > eat > bathe> play > Going out.

So yesterday, after their bath, we dressed them in their tees and jeans, Ikram assumed we were gonna take him out. My husband had to work, so we were left in the house. But then I planned to go back to my hometown for the wedding. We were all set to go, when I cancelled. Ikram threw a terrible tantrum and cried for hours (it seemed like hours).

It started with the crocodile tears. Then it got louder and uncontrollable.
Later, he adds in the kicking, hitting, screaming, wriggling, shaking and flinging himself to the floor.

The solution: I just walk away from him and went to the other room. I left him with his bottle. In a few minutes, it was quiet. When I peeked, he was sitting and drinking his milk. Maybe he was beginning to feel thirsty after screaming on the top of his lungs.

Lots of patience.

Comments

Popular Posts