Bone Test!

There was a free test held at our in-house clinic recently. So, no harm in participating as long as there's no needles involved. And it's FOC, who wouldn't want to do the test. I even forced my husband to participate. It would have cost us RM50 for a test and who would want to do the test without any symptom of osteoporosis?

It was a simple test. All you had to do was just sit and put your leg in a machine. In a few seconds the result is printed. I got 74.7% of Calcium in my body. At my age, it's okay but if I maintain the routine, I'll surely have a bone problem (osteoporosis). The experts said, women have higher risk of osteoporosis than men, especially when you're or have been pregnant and breastfeeding. The calcium is transferred to the baby.


So, I was advised to take more calcium either in tablet form or drink milk. More exercise (jogging), etc, etc. No tablets or any sort of pills please. Not for me. Too much pills in your body could cause gallstone and kidney failure later.

I admit that I haven't drank milk for a while. Too lazy. But, what have I been doing for the past few months? Isn't it exercise? I've been running in a marathon, my heart out. So they explained, milk is the prior source of calcium that strengthen bones and teeth. Exercise could help too, but without any milk at all can't replace all the loss calcium.

"Okay Sir, I understand now. And I'll drink milk from now on."

Oh yeah, my fave "hot bod" and "such a sweet face"




 Drink it, gals! For you, for the baby inside you, for the baby you're feeding and for your future.

Comments

Popular Posts