Me, My Mom and the Money!

I was on leave on my Monday (12 November 2012). Actually I'll be on leave until Friday. Yippie!! People kept asking me why since my husband didn't take leave. Well, I just want to take leave. I haven't taken any leave this year (except for Raya Aidilfitri & Aidiladha). That's it. So, my answer was, why not?

I dropped my husband and kids to their daily routine and headed to my mom's house. She was surprised I didn't work. I didn't tell her in advance, because days back, I kept cancelling my leave and kept cancelling on our date.

Guess where we went? Not other than the usual shopping habit. IKEA, again. I promised I just want to look around. My husband said earlier to me, "Yeah, right" while rolling his eyes.

"Yeah, right." Unfortunately, he was right. I did shop! Arrrghhh! My eyes showed the dollar $ sign.... like this.... "$o$"

We went to IPC first. Shop-to-shop.

Harvey Norman, my mom was looking for a blender.

Kiosks, we were just going through blouses, scarves .....

Macy's, I had my eyes on a few storage bench, which my sister bought last year. I'm realizing my mini library. I've got major plans. When I spill it out to my mom, she said not to waste money.

Ace, we were looking for different things but discussed the pro and cons and considering and deciding whether to buy or not......bla..bla..bla.. we finally left empty handed..hehe...^_^ Everything we wanted costed more than RM100 each. *Tee-hee* My purse was reminding me by making the "ka-ching" sound. I am gonna go "pokai" before the end of the month.

IKEA, we went straight where we wanted and picked out stuff... again, we were pulling ropes of decisions *sigh* It was a Monday but yet IKEA was a full house. Maybe it was because of the school holidays. My mom almost gave up buying because of the horror queue. But I insisted on buying since I seldom come there to shop. I got a few things for my kitchen and bathroom; organizers. I also got the half a dozen curry puff for my husband and the kids. It was a "must" treat there.

We were thinking of having lunch at IKEA restaurant but the queue had killed our mood. We had lunch at Nando's instead. My choice of course because I haven't had Nando's in a while. My husband prefer Kenny Rodgers.

My mom's tired expression. "Come on, Mama. It's excercise. We have already walked 1,890 steps. (calculated by my Pedometer)

One hot peri-peri burger is not enough for two. Plate licking good.

Next menu, hot peri-peri chicken wrap.

My mom and I enjoying our meal and time together.
Our conversation was mostly about money.. where everything is so expensive these days. Just take our meal for example, tsk..tsk..tsk.. That small meals cost RM47, my mom comment that she could buy groceries for a week. I nod and paid for it.

P/S to Hilda, Hilma and Imaya: Don't get jealous hah.... hehehe

BTW, I walked 2,628 steps that day! Way behind in getting 10,000 steps.

Comments

Popular Posts