Rebel Rule!

Ever since my last outstation, Ikram has been really manja and rebellious. He'll cry even when I leave the car to buy groceries. Yesterday, I had to work and after a few hours, my husband posted this photo in FB. I was so shocked and hurried  home.

This is why there's no carpet in my house. It will just be torturous to wash if something like this happens. And in Ikram's world, this things happen every day for a rebelling reason.
What was he thinking? He can't drink it off the floor? Right after the Milo accident and my husband got him changed, he started playing with the baby powder and purposely spill it on the floor.

Tsk..tsk..tsk... "You have all the toys you need, why play with any thing else?"
1) He wants attention and he doesn't want anyone to control his doings. When you say "NO", he'll just do it more.

2) He wants us to hear what he says and follow his instructions. If he wants to eat on his own, I just let him. If I disobey, he'll throw the cutlery, dish and everything he can reach. Some times I can't even understand what he wants. He whines and speaks a foreign language (baby language), how should I understand.

3) He wants to do what he loves. If he wants to go some where or wants some thing at a store and we say "NO!", he'll roll on the floor and make a scene.

Errr!! What should I do??

Spanking is not the solution. He'll cry for hours. And some times he'll spank me back.

The only thing that works for me so far is to pretend I'm playing with his toys. AND pretend I'm a big baby too. That's not a bad idea if I'm in the house, but if I happen to be outside, I look like a wacko. I'll do anything to make him stop the crying.

From a few readings and circle of moms, this happens especially to a 2- 3 year old. I guess that just nature and as parents, we'll just have to be super patient.

Comments

Popular Posts