Abacus Count!

 
i've enrolled Irfan into UCMAS on January 18th, hoping he would concentrate. He loved it and said it was easy peasy. But I told him that it'll get harder. All you have to do is concentrate, do regular exercises and keep your head focused. 

His class is held every Saturday for 2 hours. So, I've decided to wait for him there and write entries while waiting. Unfortunately, the broadband won't let me. Due to that, I ended up chit chating with other parents. Most of the parents there (regardless race) spoke English. By forced, I got to polish my Engish communication skills. Haha! Irfan's class was also conducted in English. That got him to learn mental arithmetics and English as well. We can't hope for him to communicate in English elsewhere because he speaks Malay most of the time. Even at home with us.



I really hope this class will make a difference in Irfan's learning process. I'll make him repeat the same exercises over and over again. That'll make him a genius, I hope. A psychopath mother. Was my mom like this when I was younger? Really got to ask her this question. 

FYI, I was a psychopath to-be mother when Irfan was in my womb. I purposely took Business Maths when I was taking my degree, and did hundreds of exercises even when I had to sacrifice my lunch during weekdays at the office, to stimulate the kid's brain in my womb. I took Managerial Economics when carrying Ikram for the same purpose. I hope what it says in the pregnancy book is true. What the mother reads effects on the child during pregnancy. InsyaAllah. 

I gave the kids a start and invested for their future but what matters is really up to them to make it into a reality. The most important to me, is that they TRY!

Comments

Popular Posts