Not so Early!

February 1st, my family in law planned to have a picnic and decided on Teluk Cempedak! What time? Well, it was supposed to be at 8 am.

The kids, hubs and I (early bird mode) was all ready set to go at 7.30 am. But nobody else were. So we waited until it was 8.30am. The kids were restless so we had to leave. We arrived to see that it was sunny bright at the beach. There was no way for a picnic at that time (as I already expect). When we burst their bubbles, saying that we had to head back, they were hysterically mad!

The Tok Gajah's disappointed face.

I had to promise them to take them there again in the afternoon. A promise is a promise! And they made me promise to leave early so that they could spend 2 hours playing sand. Irfan had planned to make a castle.

I was disappointed too, not because of not getting to be at the beach but because I have trained, disciplined and set a good example for my kids to be early birds. Unfortunately, that day, we had to break a promise. It is such a big deal to me because I am usually punctual and routined. Of course some times things couldn't be avoided but that pretty much spoilt our day. I have observed the trend and it has always been timing issues...

Comments

Popular Posts