LEGO Addict!

The LEGO story! The kids are still addicted to LEGOs! My hubs refused to let me buy them anymore LEGOs but I disagreed. I explained that LEGOs help them build their sense of creating. It is not just a toy. And I will only buy them LEGOs with several conditions. As long as they proof that they did their level best to focus in their study, get good grades, do their homework on time, follow our instructions and for Irfan, if he gets himself to change class (to an upper class) during his transition period (a month). The appreciation gift will only be given twice a year (on Irfan's birthday in July and Ikram's in November). That way, we can keep the motivated. They'll remember it well and work hard to earn it. As a matter of fact they look forward to it and kept reminding me every single day!

So far, they have proven well. Irfan did get transfered to an upper class (not the highest though, but that's good enough for the first month). He did well in his readings, writings and maths including the mental arithmetic class. When we asked him about his day every afternoon, he answered in detail. He remembered most of the teacher's instructions such as doing homework and what the teacher had asked him to bring to class. So, I guess I better start saving money.

Their motivation. Ikram changed his ambition to become a doctor to becoming a policeman.

Toys R Us in One Utama! "Just look at it, no buying. Not until July."

Toys R Us in Jaya, PJ. "Still looking ONLY! No buying yet!" They promised.

Their motivation and target! Irfan wanted the Police Station which cost RM499! And Ikram wanted the police helicopter which cost half of Irfan's. Anyone care to share?! I told my sisters not to buy the kids any toys. Shamelessly, I asked if they could chip in for the LEGO. Please..... *begging puss in butts eyes*

I also have taught them, not every thing we want in life, can be fulfilled. Some, we need to sacrifice and some, we can earn. As an adult, we have to work to earn our salary for expenditures. As a kid, they will just have to earn by studying, get good grades, participate in extra curriculars and helping their parents with simple house chores.

I hope they understand the message.

Comments

Popular Posts