Kelantan Day 1: Pasar Besar Wakaf Baru

Early morning that first day in Kuantan we went to Pasar Wakaf Baru. Most of it was like any pasar tani around Malaysia except for the FOOD! Kelantan is sooo rich with food. And it is sooo CHEAP! I am really gonna get fatter if I live here.

It was raining cats and dogs that day. When it stopped we headed out, when it poured we stayed in the car. When it stopped we shopped like mad, and when it was a downpour we stopped and squeezed in the already packed tent. It was totally hilarious. It was like playing "Simon Says" or "Pukul Berapa Datuk Harimau"!

Actually it hasn't really stopped raining since we arrived Kelantan. I am so afraid it's not flooded. We'll be stranded here for another week. In Shaa Allah, not. Most of our plan to go shopping, sight seeing and photo shooting remained unfulfilled. Our clothes are all wet. I can't imagine having a wedding in this monsoon season. But there seem to be no choice.


In front of the Pasar Wakaf Baru.

I bought Som Tam. It was good. It only cost RM2, a pack.

Most amazing food which you only find in Kelantan ;P I don't even remember the name but my in-laws highly recommended it to me. Most surprisingly, the laksa cost ONLY RM1, per pack!!!!!
Voila! Enough about food for one night. I've got plenty more to share.

Comments

Popular Posts