Fun and Peaceful Kampung Life

After the wedding, we headed to my grandparent's house. We took a nap.Re-energize. The boys played with all the space they need.


And in the afternoon we went to get Kedondong right from it's tree. The boys were excited and run for the tropical fruit. Luckily none fall on their head.

Look at Papa get the fruits. We'll make kedondong juice. Yummy!

You wanna eat it? You have to earn it. Put the fruit in the bag.
Irfan, chatting with his great grandpa. He can't hear much.

Irfan: Tokyang, are you okay?

Tokyang: What? I can't hear you?

Irfan: Are you okay? *speaking louder*

Tokyang: I can't hear you.

Irfan: Tokyang, why are you bald?

Tokyang: *just kept quiet*

Irfan: Did you cut all your hair? What happen to your teeth?

Hearing this, my grandma was chuckling and laughing so loud.

"Tokyang, can I see your teeth?"
Irfan: Didn't you brush your teeth? Why is it all gone?

My grandma kept on laughing.

"Hear Tokyang, I'll feed you."

When we were about to leave, it started raining. The boys had an umbrella each.

It stopped raining yet he's still posing with it.
I just realized we've done lots of things when we were in the kampung. I even had time to visit my neighbor. She just had a baby. I guess there's so much that can be done, if we're not too occupied with the worldwide web. Besides there's no where to go. The nearest mall is an hour away.

I had a chat with my husband in the car on the way back to KL.

Me: I can't imagine myself living in the kampung.

Husband: Why? You can't live in the kampung?

Me: Not really. But it would be a much different life.

Husband: Why? Because you can't shop?

Me: In fact, yeah. But think how much we'll save on shopping, dining out, entertainment, bla, bla, bla..

Husband: That's true. The only thing different is the way we'll spend on things.

Me: And that means we can't easily go any where.

*sigh* Is that a good thing or what? But somehow being back, I could get peace. Free from traffic, free from pollution, free from unnecessary noises, free from job stress, etc, etc.

Being home, every one recognizes me.

I could just imagine myself gardening. I remembered my mom always gardening there. Having all sorts of projects. Oh, I missed that life. And I missed not working *wink*.

Comments

Popular Posts