Curry Everytime!

I don't know when he starts loving curry. There was one time when I asked him (Irfan), "What would you want for dinner?" He answered, "Nasi, kari and kicap!"

He got use to rice and soy sauce (kicap) but curry? Really? When have you ever had curry? I absolutely never serve and feed you curry. Isn't it a bit hot for him?

Hmm... Anyway, he loves curry so much ever since. I think it started when his father kept on buying roti canai for breakfast. And he will never eat it without curry or dhal. Like father, like son, I guess. The two always wake up early on a weekend and sneaking out to get breakfast at the mamak's restaurant. Which Irfan calls, "his kedai."

One day, during Ramadhan, we had roti jala for supper. There was only 1 piece left. I gave it to him and guess what? He loved it because he ate it with curry. And 1 was not enough. When I said, it was the last piece, he cried. Poor him. I felt guilty. So I went to get our bread and taught him that it's delicious to have bread dipped in curry. After he tried it, he smiled, satisfied. And had the bowl of curry licked out.

Irfan enjoying his supper while Ikram chewed on a pen. Actually Ikram also loved eating bread and curry.

"Mama, can I have this everyday?"
I have to learn to cook curry fast. The boys are growing fast and eating plenty nowadays.

Comments

Popular Posts