Syawal Day 4: Raya with Family and Friends!

Syawal Day 4, Kuala Lipis Day 2.

AM TIME WITH THE FAMILY
When I woke up, ALL mothers were already in the kitchen making breakfast. Everyone had their part. It was fun doing every thing as long as we do it together. No cheating okay!

Usually we'll have lots of menu and hot drinks. For this day, we had nasi goreng, mee kari and lempeng. Hot drinks the usual, teh tarik, teh O and milo.

Then we'll get the kids ready. The first thing we went that day was to the cemetery to visit my late father's grave. Sedekah Al-Fatihah, will you?

Later, we went to the usual 3 houses. First to Wan Ngah's, then Wan We's and Wan Anjang's. We love taking photos here because the scenery is ALL green. It's so relaxing.

Every one loved it here. Hanging out at the balcony.

My mom and aunt with Wan Ngah and Kak Eda.

Hanging out and eating kueh raya.

Too exposed.

Me, Hilda and Acu.

This is only 10% of the family tree. The rest have already visited.

Under the hut. It's hot under the sun, we'll melt.

Me three! Hilma, don't envy us.

Girls, don't slap yourself.

Just arrived after a smoke. *tsk tsk tsk*

The boys hanging out and making themselves at home.

*sigh* These 2 can't miss the camera.

Zayyan with Ibu.

Our family portrait under the ? tree.

PM TIME WITH THE FRIENDS
After a quick lunch and nap, we went off to Ida's house (my MUST house to visit). The boys played with Encik BekBek, the goat. They fed it with bread. Ikram jumped with joy. The goats are really productive. It was last year when I came to her house with just 4 female goats, now there are 17. Oh my! There was 2, 2 weeks old kid named Doha and Qatar. So cute!

The boys with the goats.
Second house, Linda's house. I haven't seen her for quite a while. I think that was 2- 3 years back. Her eldest daughter is already 8 years old! Look..look, how much we've grown. And how much we've grown our grey hair. *cries*

Ida, as I've posted, is my all-time BFF. Linda, was my roomie in high school. We were close then. When we came to her house, she served us Nasi Minyak. Wow! It was Syawal Day 4, I thought we'll only be eating kueh raya. She's soooo love to cook unlike me. We were discussing to coordinate an open house/ reunion at my place, by the pool. She proposed to help cook. I said, "No Way! I'm not cooking." And Ida proposed we do pot luck. InsyaAllah, okay. The boys (Alang and Helmi) kept on insisting to bug me this raya. Okay, fine. I'll try to do it.



Third house, Amat's house aka Lynn's in-laws house. Haha! Both of them were my classmates in high school. They got married last year and Lynn's pregnant!! That's EXCITING news for all of us. Yay! As we were enjoying our conversation, the men went to smoke outside, and the kids chase the chickens. Irfan had so much fun with Linda's 5 year old daughter. She's very aggressive and really friendly. She gets comfortable with every one around her.


Fourth house, Pae's house. Here's another pregnant lady. And she's expecting anytime soon. Let's pray for the best. It was almost Maghrib at her house. So we made it a quickie. Ate, drank and GOODBYE!


These were the only houses I had time to visit. Oh, yeah I forgot to mention, I did went to Ide's house but he went back to KL the day before.

Actually these were the only friends who answered to my FB post, asking who's available on Day 4.

Going back to KL on Syawal Day 5.

Comments

  1. dont be jealous k.. the camera loves us!!!! cayok..cayokkk... to bad its ur camera... my turn to be in the picture ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. when the pot luck will happen?wakakakkaka
    "kite hanya mampu merancangkn?"
    mis the laughhhhhh.....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts