Syawal Day 1: Selamat Hari Raya, Maaf Zahir Batin!

Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri to ALL my families and friends.

The kids woke up super early, knowing that it's Raya especially Irfan. His brother only follows him around. They bathed without arguing and wore their new baju melayu (more like a baju kurung for Ikram, because it's way too big. It's okay, you can wear it much longer. Maybe until you're 4 years old.)

My Mom-in-Law made Soto and Rendang. Yunmmy! Speaking of food, it reminds me. I've got to control my eating behavior especially during Raya. I've got my packs of Green Tea with me just in case  I go overboard.

After all the men came back from Solat Aidilfitri at the Mosque, we took a few family photos, while waiting for the others to get ready.

What I love about being the only lady in the family? Is that, I shine the most! LOL!

Bersalam- salaman asking for forgiveness. Teaching Irfan the way to respect the elders and say "I'm sorry." But asking for forgiveness is not only to be done during Raya. It must be done every time you know you have made mistakes and admitting it.


Maaf Zahir dan Batin!
 
Grandparents with grandchildren. Oh yeah, all FOUR grandchildren are boys.


There's a new baby in the middle! ;P

After some time, the boys became restless. Why dressed up with no where to go, right? So we headed for one of the Aunt's house. At her house, Nasi Dagang (her specialty), Sate, Lontong and Lemang were served. OMG! I thought my diet was totally over! But instead I took a few portions of each menu. *phew*. I definitely got to weight myself when I get back.

Cik Nah's big and growing family.


Our little family.

 
Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri from US!

Me and lil Ms Sis-in-Law!


Me and Mr Serious Hubby.


Family Portrait.

Wifeys and Hubbies.

Making the boys take photos is the most "hard-work, undefined-stress, uncontrollable-patience and out-of-energy" anyone can ever imagine. We had to retake hundreds shots and this is the best there is.

"Same-age" Cuzzies!
More to come because Raya is a month long and there's lots of open houses to go.

Comments

Popular Posts