Home Maintenance and an Emergency Fund!

Before we have had any home, we'll say "It's easier if we have our own home, we could decorate, renovate and do what ever we want with it. And the budget to pay for the home is worthwhile because it's our own, not rented. If we rent it's like we pay for nothing (other than getting shelter and free from debts)."

But once we have our own home "Well, you'll have to think of the maintenance."

I kept forgetting that we have to change a few light bulbs (not in major areas). There's a leak from the sink tap. There's even a leak from the upstairs pipe (still waiting until they repair it), and all sorts of leaking, burns and other maintenance problems.

All I'm saying is that if you're considering to buy a house of your own, make sure you have savings for emergencies. A "MAYDAY" fund! Expect the unexpected. Other than using it for home maintenance, it could also be for car breakdown, illnesses, being robbed, sudden unemployed etc, etc.

Believe me, I haven't started yet. I promise myself that I will start on the fund on my next paycheck. I'm gonna start by opening a new saving account only for the emergency fund.

Comments

Popular Posts