Button my button

OMG! The button from my husband's corporate shirt went missing. He needs to wear that shirt pronto (yesterday). I was like flying all over the place, recklessly digging through each of the drawers to find a spare button.

At last, I had no choice but to cut off one of my button (from my corporate shirt) to sew onto his. My button didn't matter. Nobody's gonna see it underneath my tudung anyway. And guess what, I am no tailor (it doesn't make me one even though I'm a tailor's daughter). I had no choices of thread. I had only 1, for emergencies, and it's not white. And this is how it looks:

Dark green thread.

It's not that bad. You hardly notice, right?
 Luckily it's at the bottom of the shirt or else I'm dead meat. Where am I gonna find white thread at 1 am? I'm sorry Abe.

It reminds me of an incident with this corporate shirt. FYI, I have one too because we work in the same organization.

I hate the collar of this shirt. It's hard and looks "bubbly" when I wear a tudung over it. So I decided to cut the collar off. Improvise. When I finished un"sew"ing the collar, I held the shirt up to inspect my handy work. Why is my shirt short-sleeved?

Only then I realized I've un'sew'ed my husband's shirt!!!! OMG! You could not imagine how I felt that second. It was like I've jumped off a cliff. Adrenaline rush!!

I called my mom instantly and ask her to sew the collar back on. LOL!!

My mom's reaction when she heard my story. "What kind of a nuisance are you?!! Didn't you bother to check the shirt first?!!"

I was like "Don't tell Li (my husband's name). Don't ever tell Li!"

Shhhhh...it's our secret..*wink*

Comments

Popular Posts