Bookworm! 600 pages in 5 days!

Achieving somethings (the most simplest things) you've set in mind is the best feeling ever.

As I mentioned, I've bought "Fearless"(a 600 pages book). I was proud to finish it in 5 days. The book tells a simple story of Gaia Moore and her special abilities with a mix of love and friendship as well as the mission to save the world (not actually the world but just a park, which was her favorite place). Save it from slashing and crime. She started with no family and no friends. But she didn't care what people think. She didn't care about anything. She was not like any other ordinary girls (meaning; no make-up, no heels, no gossip, no attitude) Wow factor! Along the way, men were more attracted to her than any other girl character in the book. Because she speaks her mind and not a hypocrite. She's herself. Her father taught her 3 martial arts and 4 different languages which she practiced to speak everyday. Monday, was Russian Day, Tuesday, Arabic (I was surprised), etc etc. Instead of growing-up in shopping malls, her parents raised her with nature's activities. Fishing, hunting, gardening, "archer"ing etc etc. I love how the story went but unfortunately I hate the ending. It was hanging as if it got no ending or most probably TBC. Duh!

Anyway, it was a surprise to my husband that I finished reading the book in 5 days. Actually I could have finished it in 3 days, but of course, I was sidetracked with other interesting activities on the weekends.

The main point is; I've achieved my mission. It's the same satisfactory feeling when I write something everyday. Or got to clean the house in an hour. Is that even possible?

Since I've finished reading Fearless, I was left with nothing tonight. We did went to One Utama again after work. I tried looking for something interesting but there was none. I'll visit the bookstore again this weekend.

I love the smell of bookstores. So.... (I can't actually describe it). It's the scent of books. Please enjoy the feeling when you enter in any bookstore especially MPH/ Popular. It's so relaxing.

There's one more thing about books. I really wish I could have my own library. Like these perhaps.

This has got to be the coolest bookshelf ever. I wish for this.

I wish for this library. A more reality one except for the dog.

The bookworm.
Don't misunderstand me. I love reading but I only love reading something "nice", inspirational and "imaginary". As much as current issues are important and educational, I hate reading the newspaper because it scares me to know that the world is becoming a more dangerous place and full of selfish people. Although I hate it, but we can't avoid the reality, can we?

Arghh! What shall I read today? (To be honest, I've got loads of un'read' books but I just have the urge to read something else). Maybe I'll watch a Korean drama instead. Annyeong.

Comments

Popular Posts