Train-tastic Day!

Bringing my boys for a train ride is one of my listed activities. It was honestly tiring. I was panting due to the stair climbing. (How am I gonna manage the towerthon in May??)

We parked our car at the end of the station and went to Taman Jaya station where we went to Amcorp Mall, one of my fave spots in KL (I know it is not the most popular place on the planet, but I like it there). As any other weekends, there was the flea market. Anyone who love collectibles and antiques must come here. I have always love this place because there are a few "second hand" bookshops and "rent-a-book" shop. I used to come here a lot when I was studying in Shah Alam.

Anyway, back to the tiring train-tastic experience. At first, Irfan was excited. I did mentioned to him that we're gonna ride the train this weekend but I didn't think he would remember and care so much. Surprisingly, he woke up and asked. "Are we gonna ride the train today?"

After having a very light breakfast (just mushroom sausages), we headed to Kelana Jaya (the end of the stop). I was thinking to go to KLCC but somehow after rethinking, "Let's just go to Amcorp Mall. It's just 4 stations away. KLCC is gonna be longer journey. Besides we don't know whether they'll behave or not in the train."

When we approached the platform Irfan sang.

"There's two, there's four, there's six, there's eight. 
Shunting trucks and hauling freight. 
Red and green and brown and blue. 
Their the really useful crew. 
All with simple roles to play. 
Round Tidmouth's shed so far away. 
Down the hills and round the bends. 
Thomas and his friends........"


People were staring at him and whispering to each other, smiling. Maybe they're thinking we were so "jakun".
Ikram bought the tickets. "Hey, where's the balance?"
It has been a while. I didn't know they've used token instead of ticket. You just have to touch the token at the panel and the door will open. Wow!

They were a bit jumpy and giddy with the ride. Irfan had the "blur" and confused face on him.

Irfan looking out to see the view and asking all sorts of questions which made people staring and smiling again. Well, at least we had made their day as well.
"Laju ke train ni Mama?"
"Tayar dia kecik ke besar?"
"Dia nak pegi mana?"
"Mana rumah dia?"
"Dia bunyi "choo choo" ke?"
"Dah sampai ke?" everytime the train stops. 
So there was 4 "dah sampai ke?" question.

We sat at the very front to show Irfan the rail tracks.
The most tiring part. Climbing and stepping down the high stairs with Ikram wanting to walk on his own.

The kids seeing the train for the first time. I can't describe the reaction on their faces. It was like "Wow!! Unbelievable, Afraid maybe but curious to go on it" kind of expression. I can't find the best word for it.

The boys get a toy car each at the flea market and ABC special.

Speaking of experiences. They have gone on buses, beca, boats, ferry, and now train. What's next? Airplane??? Where to, Papa???

Comments

Popular Posts