BSD Community - Voluntary Work

BSD Community, my town's residents association. Our slogan "Our Township Our Haven".


It has been a while since I've received a newsletter from BSDRA. Maybe they lack of staff or volunteers. That's really typical of me. Expecting others to participate when I'm not. It's the same as my apartment's AGM meeting. I never attend. Well maybe earlier I wasn't able to attend because I was busy studying on weekends. but now, I'm no longer studying..

What I love most about BSDRA is that the committees are really committed and brings up really in-depth issues. And solved them. I love the president's message:

"We need to move forward.
We need to reinvent ourselves.
Our strategies must be reviewed.
Our approach must be revisited.
This needs a frsh approach.
Fresh approach needs fresh ideas.
Fresh ideas needs fresh faces."

Encouraging more residents to come, serve and move our BSDRA to greater heights. I really wish to participate but I have really low-self esteem when it comes to talking to a room full of strangers. But what the heck, maybe I should try. That way, I could communicate better. Improve social network.

Some appreciation to what they have done:

Infrastructures: bus stops,brighter street lights, cleaner township replacing missing drain covers, better road signages, more trees, better roads, building 2 community halls, 2 police stations, fighting away lorry drivers who parked their long trailers in neighbourhoods, combating illegal hawkers (still going on), meeting GAMUDA (a developer) face to face to tell them we cannot allow slip road into our homes (protests) , you're really strong guys....the list goes on... oh, yeah..the recycling centre..

There are really good influences in this committee. They work closely with JKR, TV3, MBPJ, Alam Flora, and other authorities.

I always wanted to do voluntary work. I have always recycled when I was still studying. And I still am. I forced everyone in the house, even my mom, to recycle any recycled disposals. I bought a separate trash bin to train everyone. Aha..you can ask my mom, if you don't believe me.

On Sunday, end of the month, I will bring the collected recycles to our recycling centre, which is being managed by the volunteers of BSD. When I first saw what they did. They were sorting out stuff, tied it together, and weight them, I was interested to volunteer. I really do. But being again so typical, everytime the day comes, I'll still be under the covers, sleeping..huhu..

Then, I was busy working, studying (part-time) that I didn't have the chance to volunteer..another typical excuse.

Although, I still continue recycling on my own. Even now, I've trained my husband, thank God.. Even later, I'll start training Irfan.

At least we've done something to save the earth.

Anyways, about volunteering, BSDRA is still looking for volunteers to champion this valuable cause. Maybe this time, I really should.

I'm a tree hugger! And 3 cheers for BSDRA for their effort and good cause. That's why I wouldn't dream to live elsewhere. So will my mom and sisters. Everyone bought their homes here. Eventhough an apartment is the only property we could afford in an environment like this.



Our Club House
Our beautiful mosque

There is another really committed committee which I'll introduce soon.

Comments

Popular Posts