Confession of the Food Addicted and Sugar High Lady: Cut Down on Cravings

Remember my Fitness Programme as well as my Rice and Ice Diet?

I've been doing well for months but I stopped since Ikram's admission. I was soo stressed, bored and hungry in the hospital that I ate lots of junk foods and fast food too much. The food in the hospital is way too diety.

One event lead to another, INTRADE IBM (the best food ever), network reception, my cousin's wedding, other weddings, birthday parties, and I always eat a lot in Kuantan.

Now, I can't control it. And I'm craving for more..

My husband buys coke often and stores it in the fridge. Usually I don't even care to take a sip BUT recently I've been drinking coke A LOT. Last Thursday, I drank two cans and still wanted more.

While Ikram weight drops due to his health, mine, is off the chart.

To think about it now, I've been craving to eat and munch on anything all the time, even when I'm in front of the computer, working. And drink anything sweet. Bummer.

I can't believe I've gained this much weight. Oh, yeah, I regret it. I've worked so hard all this while. It took me months before. But it only took a week to gain this much.

That's it! I'm fasting starting tomorrow. (No lah, I don't mean fasting, maybe controlled eating habit). And I'm officially schedule to my fitness programme again.

Cutting down on those cravings. http://www.rdasia.com/how-to-cut-down-on-cravings

i) Determine what you're really hungry for. Why I eat? Whether due to stress, sad or bored? It said:
"Emotional hunger often manifest itself in desires for specific things like ice-cream and fast food."

Yeah, sooo me. I forget to mention that I am also addicted to ice-cream. Feel free to ask my colleagues.

ii) Get off the energy roller coaster.

"A diet too full of refined carbohydrates = drops in blood sugar = prompt hunger. "

"To stabalize blood sugar and appetite, eat more protein and fiber."

iii) Stay hydrated.
Not hungry but actually thirsty..so drink plain water instead.

I'll keep that in mind and working on it.

Comments

Popular Posts