12KM RUN 2012

This is my 2nd marathon. I was not meant to go but I had to replace Hilma because she had to attend a course somewhere at the very last minute. So I volunteered. Only then I noticed it was 12KM!!! OMG! My 1st marathon was only 7km and I nearly tear off my legs from it's socket.. I only ran for about 3km. The rest was just walk..walk..walk..

 My 2011 Marathon with Hilma & her DSH friends. She got the medal. I only got the Cert.

Today, January 8th, I arrived on time, but the parking was just horror.. Jalan Merbok, Tasik Perdana along the Jalan Parlimen was so packed with people. There was no parking space. At last, 7.05am I parked at the nearby school, which by the way took me 1 km walk to Padang Merbok. The walk was my warm up.

I was LATE. The race has already started. I don't even have the t-shirt, time chip and race number. Luckily my sis's colleague left it with one of her friends (Liyana) at the starting line to wait for me. When I arrived, I got into the t-shirt in public (meaning I wore 2 t-shirts), I thought I was gonna have heat stroke. BUT I managed. *phew*

There was just a few of us left to start the race, and the secretariat cheered. They cheered just for support, not because we are pure athlete. No way we're gonna win a prize, if we start on that watch.

Which way?? *panting* OMG! How many more kilometres?

My fats are saying "Oh no! we're gonna miss this body. We've been staying here for years."

My heart was saying "Are you trying to kill me?" I felt like my heart was gonna burst. Seriously.

My feet was saying "If you're gonna keep running, you'll have to go on without us."

 Get out of the way! Heavy vehicle coming through!
 "Yay! I finally made it", although I think I may have followed the wrong route. There was no way I could arrive on time and deserve a medal. - with Aida Zureen, which I have no idea she was there to participate.
 Yay! Look who's got the medal" Haha, no offence. - with Azly Basarian. I noticed him running the opposite direction. "Hello! Are you in the race or not?" I thought I was the only one confused with the routes.
 I am gonna hang on to the shirt. Sweet memories.
 Although my feet are killing me, I was so overjoyed I finished 12 km. For those who doesn't know, the red thingy is a timechip. I have no idea how it works.
 My first medal for RUNNING.

This gives me a new motivation to RUN again. My sister said, there's gonna be a relay in February. Maybe I shoud participate. But who's gonna be the other 3 to be on my team?


Comments

Popular Posts