My Own Mini Library

I was taught to love reading. My all-time birthday/ good grades/ congrats present have always been books, books and more books.

My late father would write us a note on the front page like:

"Happy 8th Birthday" or

"Well done. Keep it up." or

"You've been a good girl."

I've missed those days. I was taught to love books and I do love them & I still am.

Most of favourite book (when I was younger) is still in my mom's house. I've got a two-row-bookself in my bedroom and a mini library in the family hall. Some of our favourite books those days were:

Sweet Valley Twins, Sweet Valley High and Sweet Valley University.


 My SVUs and Norhayati Berahim (Alaf 21) Novels


The Bookworm collections, Encyclopedia (Child Craft), Some of goosebumps, Enid Blyton's short stories and The Famous Five, my father's Stephen King, etc etc


Later when I was in UiTM I began reading Norhayati Berahim's novels, Sophie Kinsella's Shopaholic "Comedy" Series, etc, etc


There's more to this series...



"A book a month" became my resolution in 2004.

Only recently (not recently. when I was carrying Ikram in my womb), I read the Twilight Saga books, which became my favourite. I couldn't put it down. I read it with more enthusiasm than when I read my economics.



From time to time I would buy myself a book as 'a pat in the back' present and for therapy. Although, there are loads of KIVs in my reading right now such as "A Doctor in the House- Dr M" and December 2011 RDA, RDA's Classic Collection, House Rules etc,etc

But where in the world will I have this mini library? There's no more space. I should start saving for built-in bookshelves in the study room.


Even Irfan has got his own little bookshelf for his fave books. I have encouraged him to love and read books since he was 6 months old. From reading him Nursery Rhymes to Good Habits and short stories.

But I haven't done the same for Ikram. I feel so guilty. I shall start reading to Ikram from today.

Oh, yeah, back to my topic. Any ideas of how my mini library should look like?

Happy reading.


Comments

Popular Posts