Pangkor Island Adventure

The past 2 days I was talking about, was our fun and adventurous weekend in Pangkor Island with the Club. I love this weekend so much that I asked "So, when is our next event? I'm definitely gonna go!"

Our program was not at all packed but just nice for a perfect weekend getaway.

Saturday, January 28th 2012:
1.00am : Depart from MATRADE. The kids were asleep when we were waiting for the bus. It was pitch black because TNB had to do testing that night of all nights.


Pics: Kudud's Collections
The Boys: Sleeping safe and sound in the bus.

5.30am : We stopped at a nearby mosque in Manjung for Subuh Prayers.

7.30am : Arrived in Marina Jetty and took a quick washroom break. Irfan asked where we were when he woke up?

I answered. "We're going to Joju Island" So wanna go to Korea.

Everyone was like raising their eyebrows and asking. "Where?"

My husband explained. "She's so obsessed with Korea."

"Owhhh......." they answered smiling with pity.

See, it looks like Korea.



8.00am : Took the ferry to Pangkor island. The kids first experience.


 Excited to board the ferry. First in line.
Pics: Kudud's Collections
Queue.
Pics: Kudud's Collections
While we were on the ferry, Irfan asked. "Are we in a pirate ship?"

Everyone laughed.

8.30am : We arrived safely on the island and took a mini bus to our camp site "Rimba Kem"


Pics: Kudud's Collections
The Mini bus packed with MATRADE's sardines. We sat way at the back.

9.00am : Had our breakfast.

 Finally, breakfast. I'm so hungry.

 9.45am : Jungle trekking. I have no idea where but it's somewhere in Pangkor's jungle, I guess. All the daddies went. The wife and the kids didn't but enjoyed the beach instead. It was just a 100 meters away from our chalet. Ikram loved the water. I regret not bringing their floaties.

11.45am : After 2 hours of playing in the sand, soaking in the salt water, Ikram started yawning. But they didn't want to go back yet. So I had to drag them.One of our colleague's wife and son, Zharif stayed with us while waiting for their room to be cleaned. After showering with clean cool water, they got settled down, drank their milk while watching the only channel available, TV2, CNY Lion Dance. Surprisingly, they love and dance to the music.

12.45pm : The jungle trekking team got back all covered in mud and bitten by leeches. *yuck*

Pics: Kudud's Collections
No fair. You took the group photo without me?

1.00pm : Had lunch and it was our free and easy time. We had our cat nap.
5.00pm : OMG!! We slept for 3 hours? That's no longer a cat nap. I woke the kids and brought them for a stroll along the beach. They enjoyed the sand again.

Soft sandy beach, salty taste of the air and the sound of the waves. Really relaxing.

Later my friend asked if I wanted to join the banana boat ride. "Oh, yeah, absolutely."

A pose.

Adreline rush, really. You should try it. The best!




8.00pm : BBQ time. Really delicious food. Lala, shrimps, squids, fishes, chickens... The boys ate a whole plate of Nasi Goreng. The were really hungry after all the excitement.

Pics: Kudud's Collections
Thanks, Guys for all the hard work.



There were also karaoke.

Pics: Kudud's Collections


9.30pm : It was the boys bed time.

Sometime late night : Camp fire!! Oh, man! I missed it. I was already asleep.



Pics: Kudud's Collections

Sunday, January 29th 2012:
7.00am : I woke up enjoying the salty fresh air and the sound of the waves. I love beaches, I wish I could live by the beach so that I could wake up feeling like this everyday. I woke the boys up and had pur breakfast.

9.00am : Snorkeling at a nearby island. We got on a boat which everyone loved.













11.00am : Back to our camp. Everyone had their last dip in the sea water. Really relaxing. You could feel your problems fly away. (but it'll come back when you return to KL).


Pics: Kudud's Collections


12.00pm : We packed, had lunch and got ready to check-out.

1.00pm : Checked-out and got on the mini bus.

Pics: Kudud's Collections
So sad to leave.

Went for tour around Pangkor:

Kota Belanda
Ikram slept on the tour so only the 2 had History lesson.

Irfan acted like he's Ultraman.


Kilang Sate Ikan where everyone bought something to bring back home.



Pics: Kudud's Collections
Group Photo


4.30pm : Got on the ferry to mainland.

Pics: Kudud's Collections
Goodbye, Pangkor. We'll be back soon.

5.00pm : Got on the bus for KL.

9.30pm : Arrive MATRADE and said our goodbyes to the team.

10.00pm : Home Sweet Home

I love this weekend. I need to plan our next vacation. Obsessed.


Comments

Popular Posts