Memories of Nesta


Nesta died on Friday, 13th January 2012. I was heartbroken by this sad news.

It was 3 months after our marriage that we've decided to get kittens. We bought 3. Nesta, Koda & Kouru.

Weeks after, I found out that I was pregnant. Never mind, we'll keep them anyways. I've spent thousands for them, their 3-storey cage, their litter box and sand/ crystal, their scratch pole, the best food, supplements and healthcare. I've never once regret how've I spent on them. Kouru was the one who had left us first. He've got the stray viral, he had no appetite. I cried all the way to the vet's. But we couldn't save him.


Later, it was Nesta's turn who got infected by the stray disease. I cried again and we rushed to the vet's. I fed him his meds and food with syringe, myself every morning before going to the office. And clean their poops from the litter box. My mom gets mad if she knows. Even the vet said to avoid direct contact with the cat's saliva/ poops. It will affect my baby. But I was too stubborn. I was responsible to take good care of them, because I was the one who bought them in the first place :(

Nesta's unique habits that I'll surely miss:
1) He'll scratch you when you point out your foot to him
2) He's so busybody when you're busy in the kitchen
3) He loved hanging out in the house and sleeping where you'll sleep


 Love to be involve in all family activities.

 Lazily hanging out.

After my delivery, i discussed this over and over again with my husband. Should we continue taking care of them? My mom immediately said "no".

Coincidentally, my cousin had just loss his cat. After great consideration and advices, we decided to give our Nesta & Koda to my cousin. I cried the whole night, missing them. Really heartbroken.

My last visit was when my cousin got married early December 2011. *tears rolling down my cheeks* I didn't say a proper goodbye that day.


We'll miss you so much, Nesta! Rest in peace.

Comments

Popular Posts