Part-time job

I've been talking (actually typing) about making back-up plans for the future in my earlier posts. So I've come to a conclusion to get a part-time job. It's too early to tell but this is my plan. It may work or may not. At least I've tried. When this thought came to mind, I was so satisfied and had the urge to learn again.

I've never told the story when I was a GSTT before. BTW GSTT stands for Guru Sandaran Tidak Terlatih.

When I've just got my Diploma, I didn't care to look for a job. Plus my mother was gonna perform Hajj. She got a few offers back then, but declined to it because nobody was gonna take care of Maya & Hijaz. So, the moment I graduated, she booked me to become the babysitter/ Home manager/ Finance Director (a more glamorous position). I got to play a full-time mother. From cooking to market spree. I had to wake up early to send the kids (not really kids) to school. Oh, the normal routine. Ok, back to the story.

When my mother got back from Mecca, I spoke my mind that I wanna try to be a teacher. My mother fully agreed to the idea. And I immediately went to the school near my house and asked the principal. She said, the school lack of teachers so she fully recommended me to become the GSTT. I had to send my application (recommended by the principal) to the Ministry. A week after, they called to say I could start immediately. Weehoo..

I loved becoming a teacher. My students were watching me with "goo-goo eyes". It made me really proud. I taught Maths and Science in English (during that time) to the 2nd grades. 5th Grade Moral and Music.

Months later, the principal approached and offered me to teach in the Intensive class. This is where 1st and 2nd grader who lack reading, writing and communication skills. Just like my ESL class, I suppose. I was honoured because the principal wanted to give me a chance to proof myself. If I am able to do it, she would recommend me to further my studies on that specific subject matter. She said that there's a special class and skill for teaching "intensive" students. And extra allowances too. I answered, "Why not. I love kids and teaching."

But months afterwards, I was offered to work with MATRADE as a Trade Executive. Well, although I really love to teach, I couldn't say no to the offer. After several advices from the expert (my Uncle Leman, who is BTW my father's closest cousin and a few of my mother's friends) I accepted the offer to MATRADE and rejected the offer to become a teacher. So that's my background in teaching.

The point to all of this is because I'm planning to teach again, but at a tuition centre. My sis asked. "Do you have time to do another job?"  But I answered. "It's only once/ twice a week. And the class is only an hour. I'll come straight from the office. No worries, I can manage." Subject: Maybe on trade or economy, I think that's gonna be my strong point because I work directly in the trading industry. Okay, these are all "maybies". I don't know what sort of qualification they need to become a tutor. Maybe they need "real" teachers. If that's the case. Bye-bye teaching forever.

It never hurt to try. I've got an "okay" from my husband and he comment "You never give-up, do you?"
Right now, I'm so excited to hit the books again. I even got out my campus file and notes. I've downloaded the application form. Gonna start on my CV. Gonna do a few notes on the subject I chose. I'll go buy the textbook to study the syllibus and a few referral and exercise books. From there, we'll wait and see.

Wish me luck.

Comments

Popular Posts