Memories: Summer in DC

Another bits and pieces of my childhood years. It's all memories coming back to me. While I was flipping through my albums and listening to "Seasons in the Sun" sang by West life, my imagination flew and I reword the song.

We had joy, we had fun, we had seasons in the sun,
But the hills that we climbed were just seasons out of time...

Even though there were sunshine, the breeze was still cold. Look the way we shiver.
Look how the flower grow in summer. All colorful and beautiful.
I wonder why Maya is wrapped up like that? I never asked why.

This place look more like our Tugu Negara.     

Soul Sisters:
We've known each other all our lives,
Together we've climbed hills and trees,
Learned of love and ABCs,
Skinned our hearts and skinned our knees.

We had joy, we had fun, we had seasons in the sun,
But the hills that we climbed were just seasons out of time.
Papa:
You tried to teach us right from wrong,
You gave us love and helped us find the "sun"
Now that the spring is in the air (now that we have grown)
With the flowers everywhere (with what we have achieved)
I wish that you could be here.

Mama:
And every time that we are down,
You would always come around,
And get our feet back on the ground.

We had joy, we had fun, we had seasons in the sun,
But the hills that we climbed were just seasons out of time.
Bachelor Bro (Hijaz):
I'm sorry, that you're not in the picture. You were not born yet.

Soul Sisters, Bachelor Bro and Mama:
Always think of me and I'll be there.
Give me a beep, I just live 5 minutes away.




Comments

Popular Posts